Shinobi Gaiden RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Shinobi Gaiden RP

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Hey
by Kidbushido Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:25 am

» Unknown Lands RP : Naruto RP!
by K Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:16 pm

» Ninja Revolution
by Roku Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:46 am

» Shinobi World War
by Shinsui Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:52 am

» Sooo...
by Kidbushido Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:00 am

» Yasuo Updates
by Conceited Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:31 am

» The Last Bloom (-Done-)
by Conceited Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:30 am

» Sei Natsume
by Conceited Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:30 am

» Igrec Uchiha
by Ryan Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:49 pm

Story
It's been five generations after the first war between Samurai and Shinobi. The five villages were founded shortly after and there has never been a war between them. Until now, all five villages have been off limits to the outside world, however the gates have been opened and ninja were allowed to travel between. But suddenly, kage are falling ill and no one knows who's behind it. The Hokage and Raikage both lie in comatose state, awaiting an answer as to what put them there.
Event Listing

You are not connected. Please login or register

[Travel] A Hidden Tree In the Hidden Leaves (Private)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Anonymous

[Travel] A Hidden Tree In the Hidden Leaves (Private) Untitl19

Kaseki walked out from his minor adventures. He was going to visit some village that he once was proud to call his home. He could only hope that times have changed. Perhaps the Hokage would reason with him, or maybe not. It did not matter how the day went... only that he tried.

He had enough fun in the minor countires, it was time for him to to see how things have changed. "Daemoria bless these kinds souls." Kaseki said to himself.

Roku

Roku
Akatsuki Member
Akatsuki Member

Roku Kaguya found himself in the middle of a main road leading to Konohagakure to Kumogakure. He was sent on basically what was a hit man's mission... He knelt on a man's chest with a bone protruding from his palm into the dead man's throat. He'd killed him. For money. Sure, the man had done bad things, but nothing that required his death. There wasn't even any proof that he had done the things he was accused of, hell, Roku didn't even know his name. And he did it for money.

But... The woman said...

That was no excuse. He was a trained Shinobi, an eite from Kumogakure, trained not to trust simple words from a rich, flustered woman. He was rationalizing the murder. He shook his head, blood now seeping through his white kimono. He whispered to himself in a wrecked, hushed tone. "Who am I?" What scared him most was the lack of the feeling of guilt. It was fear that he felt. Fear of WHAT he felt. Something about killing someone he didn't know... He didn't enjoy it, but it was interesting.

Anonymous

Kaseki looked at a figure that leaned over a lifeless corpse. It was no different than when he had left it. People were still being killed for Kekkei Genkai, money, and power. Everyone chased his false sense of perfection. Kaseki came to accept that he would never recover from his ailment, and would never breathe the way he once did. He had no hope of recovery. He only hoped to make the best of things.

"And what did this man do?" Kaseki called out. It was foolish for anyone to outright confront a man over a bleeding corpse, but being what Kaseki was made of... he was no threat. "But I guess the better question is if you fight for the open-palm, or closed-fist."

Roku

Roku
Akatsuki Member
Akatsuki Member

Roku rose to his feet, horror in his eyes.  Or at least... His right eye, the one not covered by bandages..  He wasn't sure whether he regretted what he just did or... Whether he itched for another story constructed with a similar plot. First anger... Then guilt.  Horror.  And then... Nothing.  As if his brain had no idea what to feel, emotion just went blank. This was the trance-like state he forced himself into when he had to make an objective decision on the battlefield.  He was sure this wasn't normal for most people, sure that the ability to become a sociopath who felt nothing, angled toward a single goal, was not something most people could do.  But this is what he was taught by his clan... To overcome the insatiable lust to kill.

Roku's first thoughts upon sight of this man was to kill him.  As he debated within his mind as to the next event in the story of his life, he began to pick up upon details.  Details about the man.  Such that suggested he was artificial... He didn't look plastic, but muscle movements were, quite simply, not there.  But the important thing was his eyes.  Eyes that had experienced pain, eyes that were trained... And were nearly unperturbed by the sight of an obvious homicide.  In fact... This man intrigued the Kaguya.  Enough so that he decided to entertain himself by finding out exactly where this interaction could lead.

"This man... He managed to anger some very rich people.  And your eyes... For some reason, I don't suspect that the very thought of this doesn't horrify you.  As for what I fight for... I couldn't assign myself to any alignment.  A Shinobi can understand where I come from.  Someone who has killed hundreds...  Hundreds of enemy Shinobi from other villages.  As someone like that, I can tell you, those deaths were all of innocent people as well.  Those people who died, they were simply following orders and protecting their village in their eyes.  Both sides, in fact.  I can tell you, I have caused these innocent deaths, but I did so to protect the lives of those from my village.  I did an evil deed for a heroic purpose.  I can tell you... I fight for a holy claw."

Anonymous

"This man... He managed to anger some very rich people.  And your eyes... For some reason, I don't suspect that the very thought of this doesn't horrify you.  As for what I fight for... I couldn't assign myself to any alignment.  A Shinobi can understand where I come from.  Someone who has killed hundreds...  Hundreds of enemy Shinobi from other villages.  As someone like that, I can tell you, those deaths were all of innocent people as well.  Those people who died, they were simply following orders and protecting their village in their eyes.  Both sides, in fact.  I can tell you, I have caused these innocent deaths, but I did so to protect the lives of those from my village.  I did an evil deed for a heroic purpose.  I can tell you... I fight for a holy claw."

The wind blew through his hood, moving it in a fluid motion. To an experienced ninja they would assume him to be a human puppet, but that alone was not the truth. It has been a long time for him to meet with anyone of interest. The hooded man was not a man, but a living creature. He had been a puppet, yes, but was no longer. If he had been in his own era they would deem him a manifestation of Senju DNA to create a living plant out of wood. However that was only the concept. With Steel-Release ingrained into the puppet, along with the puppet that existed, his entire body was recreated from nothing. His corpse shed itself to create a copy, a reject of his old vessel. Kaseki built a new body and inhabited it. He began to collect aspects of creatures to promote his survival.

Two hundred years. Two hundred years he lasted without food or water.

"Hmph." Kaseki didn't know what to expect as an answer, but that reply surprised him. "It would only appear that in my absence that the world changed for the better." He said to the man. It was only know that he realized his own age. After all, a lot could happen in a decade, let alone several... or in his case, a couple hundred. "Nothing is pure in this world. It never was, and never will be. We only strive for a world that can get as close to perfection as possible. That's the idea we all believe in. The only issue is that we all have a different definition of perfection." He stood there, his skin hidden under his own cloak. Should he have gotten the original Akatsuki robes, maybe the red clouds would have shown where he stood. But Kaseki held only only one headband, and two broken masks. And one of the masks, became his own face.

Roku

Roku
Akatsuki Member
Akatsuki Member

"Purity... Purity dies at the vagitus of a newborn baby." Roku narrowed his eyes a bit. Whatever he thought would happen if he talked to this man l, he didn't expect it to be a debate on philosophy. It intrigued him, the way the guy looked at the world. The way he spoke portrayed his viewpoint. As if he did was not ignorant of the corruption of the world, but somehow thought there was something that could be done about it. "You have a unique viewpoint on things... What is your name?" As Roku asked his question, he noticed something about the stranger's eyes. They were ancient... Experienced. They'd seen pain...

Anonymous

Kaseki's eyes were nothing more than his Chakra cast over dying irises. His eyes were growing weak and old. They were turning into a fabric, a byproduct of disuse and abuse. They would die off soon, but Kaseki would see through the life of his own creations.

"I have a skewed perspective on life, as it's the only thing that allows you to die." he told the man, "I am Kaseki." His voice grew static, something short of a hero's speech. But he was no hero, he knew that. He was far from being the hero in his story. "The Demon of Life of Konohagakure, and the Hidden Mist of Kirigakure." He had spoken the names just out of principle. They held no meaning, as both of names were coated with dust. Those that called him so, had been long gone.

He was nothing more than a discarded story. Something short of a great idea. He was an abandoned dream. He was a lost thought.

He was the leader of the Akatsuki.

Roku

Roku
Akatsuki Member
Akatsuki Member

As words landed on perceptive ears, Roku spoke once more. "So, Kaseki, with your skewed outlook on life... You don't seem like a man who will do nothing to change the world to fit his image. What will you do?" Roku approached a bit more, his white kimono still soaked in blood around the legs where he knelt on the dead body of the man he was hired to kill, now 10 feet behind him. The thought of this man again forced another tantalizing slew of emotions into the heart of the Kaguya. He stared through his revealed right eye at the man who called himself Kaseki, as his left eye, his Byakugan, was covered in bandages. He scrutinized the... Man, if he could be called one, and awaited a response. This would perhaps be an answer he was most interested in.

Anonymous

Kaseki listened as he asked questions once more. It was perhaps out of place for Kaseki to answer them, but it mattered not. "I am no man." he simply said, "The dreams of a man, dies with the man, and lives only in the words of the man." He spoke, only to confuse himself on the matter in a way. "My idea is that of any of the innocent children in the academies, as well as the aged Kages. I strive for peace, as I will do what it takes to get there. There are no lies in my world, only truths."

Kaseki smiled as he rose his hand to point a finger at the man. "Kaguya Clan, no doubt, as I saw the bone from your palm. he gave a slight chuckle in amusement, "But it's only fair that when you ask for one's name, that you share yours."

He was intrigued by the conversation between him and the man. He did have a unique skill, one that Kaseki would have been joyed to have. However, being made of wood and metal, there was no purpose to collecting Kekkei Genkai. However, turning one into a puppet was another story... but perhaps this man could be of great use to his cause...

Roku

Roku
Akatsuki Member
Akatsuki Member

Roku was a bit confused for a moment when Kaseki asked him to share his name. It was very rare that a Shinobi didn't know who he was by his face alone. He handled most of Kumogakure's diplomatic missions in his days as a Chuunin, and caused hundreds of deaths on the battlefield for almost all villages. Roku spoke his thoughts; "Ah... You haven't been to a Shinobi village in a long time, have you? Most people recognize me by sight." Roku paused a minute to analyze Kaseki before going on. "Very well, I am Roku Kaguya, Honeshin of Kumogakure no Sato." Honeshin translated to Bone God. He was nicknamed this because of his divine use of bones on the battlefield.

He'd also been called Kumogakure's Angel of Blood because of the way his Taijutau resembled a majestic dance. It'd seem beautiful to the eyes of an onlooker were his opponents not usually covered in blood at the end of each dance. "You strive for peace, and yet your body is constructed for violence. Tell me... How do you plan to achieve this peace? Do you have others committed to your cause?"

Anonymous

Kaseki smiled. A name was always a good start. "Roku Kaguya." he thought to himself, "Shinobi of the Bone."

"Even the strongest of body can have the kindest of hearts." he replied, "I had to protect myself from getting killed, and so I built the body that I call my own. I could say the same of you. You have bones that can be used for killing, when you can use the same skill for healing, and why is that?" he asked. Kaseki was curious to see how one would react, but that wasn't what bothered him. "Some say you achieve peace with war. But I think we can both see that that body over there is doing the world no difference. We are not closer to peace, are we?" Kaseki pointed to the body behind Roku, only as an example of his words. "I have people committed to my cause, sure. But the way we do things as individuals will make up the plan we have as a whole." Kaseki's hand fell to his side once more, almost giving a speech on the matter.

"But if I may, let me ask you a question." Kaseki gave a slight pause, as if to take in a breath, "Will arming every person with the power to kill, or will disarming every creature on earth bring us to peace? Should we have faith in our fellow being and hope they don't plunge our world into chaos, or do we take matters into our own hands?"

Roku

Roku
Akatsuki Member
Akatsuki Member

Listening to Kaseki's words, Roku turned to look over his shoulder. He lay dead, as expected. Coals of his passion that used to be a raging fire smoldering out. All his ideals, dreams, died with him. He took no more actions. He was of no use. "You seem to underestimate my awareness of my own abilities. In fact, I have been trained in the aft of healing." Roku paused, thinking about where he was going with such a statement. "But I sense that isn't your point, and it may be true that my skills to end life are more sharpened than my skill to preserve it." Again, he paused. Was he just an instrument of destruction? Was that the reason he was granted with his great amount of power?

No, that didn't make sense. He had a mind with which he could determine his purpose. However... His body didn't. His body was what he made it to be. "Our bodies are instruments of what we make them to be. Ninjutsu is quite the same. One could use their supreme Fire Release technique to burn down a village, but the Medical Ninja will later enter the hospital to heal the burns and reduce casualties. My body is capable of killing, yes. But if I used this ability to end an instance of combat to protect those important to me, I am using my body as a tool to bring peace."

Roku was immersed in his conversation, almost ignoring the fact that there was a body behind him. There were others who were committed to Kaseki's cause... Roku was interested to see how such an organization would work... And what its goal was. Roku's train of thought was ended as Kaseki brought his attention to another question. And quite a question it was. He took a few moments of silence before he answered, carefully considering his words. "Would either really make a difference? Even if the world was rid of Ninjutsu and weapons, people still have the tools needed to kill. Hate, anger... Even love breeds jealousy... Which in itself brings hate."

Anonymous

Kaseki had found his answer, as well as the information he fished for.

Roku had admitted to being a medical ninja, something Kaseki has preferred his arsenal of ninja would have been more experienced in. Should he take him in, Roku would be of much use. The question was to take him in as an ally, or a member... if he so chose to.

"Nothing in this world is perfect, yet we strive to attain that very thing. I know that I will not be able to create a peaceful world overnight, nor do I expect to gain it without work. I know that their will still be fighting, I know people will still kill after we reach this goal. However my goal is to minimize this." He folded his hands on the small of his back. Should he had been mortal, his back would have given way early in the conversation. But he was an instrument of destruction preaching about peace and love. It was contradicting to say the least, but it was something that caused the mind to think. "All that we can do, is try to take power away from those who will abuse it, and give power to those that will use it for good." Kaseki explained, "This world starts with trust, and ends in peace."

He paused, only to think about the name he heard moments ago, "Just as we stand here, trusting each other not to attack. This is trust, Roku."

Roku

Roku
Akatsuki Member
Akatsuki Member

It wasn't very often that one would engage in a debate of morals and philosophy after committing murder... The situation itself amused Roku in a way. What right did he have to speak of ending violence in the world? Or even to minimize it? He who has killed hundreds and been responsible for the death of thousands. He who had just murdered someone in cold blood for money. And yet... Yet, somehow he was drawn to the conversation. Somehow, he was interested in what Kaseki had to say.

"Take power from the corrupt and give it to the pure... That is an ideal I can agree with.". Roku thought hard about what he said... It was true. It was something that would make the world a better place. Roku had the feeling this conversation would end soon. They were beginning to reach a consensus on their debate. He also anticipated the two leaving this location together. Roku wanted to see how this man operated, how his little organization worked. The ideals aligned with his own... Perhaps he should see what the organization had to offer

He turned his back to Kaseki and walked toward the body of the man he had killed. The man accused of causing the deaths of 20 young women in a charity caravan heading to one of the smaller villages who had little money. Roku bent over and hoisted the body onto his shoulders and walked to the edge of the road. His evil will be absent from the world... Roku stared down the cliff over the edge of the road for a brief moment before hurling the body over the cliff and approaching Kaseki once more. "I am interested in joining your cause. You have an ideal that cannot be argued with."

Anonymous

"Very well." Kaseki said after watching him dispose of the body. "Then perhaps it's best you meet the others more formally." he suggested, "Using the name of a group once with pure ideals, only to fall into failure, only goes so far. A name like Akatsuki travels far in this world. But worry not, as I was there to see every flaw in their plan. You could say I'm an ancient artifact, or a fossil." the thoughts of his brother rang though his mind. That name had been his since his birth, it was only after a tragic event that he had lost his memory. He didn't remember a thing. He was once again an orphan in the world of ninja, only to be cared for by the same person who saved him years before.

"This is the Black Cloud Society. We will bring peace to the world." he smiled, only to remember his original task. He was going to Hoshigakure to dispose of an individual with the stolen eyes of an Uchiha. It was a small detour on his way to Konoha, and was nothing more than a small stop. After all, the tailor was on the way there, he had ordered some new cloaks for his crew. They were disciples of peace, not disciples of pain.

"Just like the name, you must learn to look past the exterior and look within. I can see that we share the same ideals." Kaseki extended his hand to the man, "Will you join me?"

Roku

Roku
Akatsuki Member
Akatsuki Member

Akatsuki, huh? Roku had learned about this organization. They were led by one called Yahiko and later corrupted by an Uchiha whose name Roku couldn't quite place. Their original ideals were to bring peace, though, after their corruption, they became moreso an organization bent on domination of the world in every aspect with Project Tsuki No Me.

Roku thought long and hard. Making this decision would change his life forever. There would be no going back. None of his past would lie in his future. But he could see the heroics in the cause he was debating on joining. Could he succeed in such a mission? Could he really change the world? He? No, not he. But if he joined this Akatsuki, maybe they could. Did he want to join this... Black Cloud?

Thoughts of the possibilities entered his mind. He saw food appear on the tables of poor families as their evil tyrants were struck down and replaced with someone of honor and love for his country. He saw gangs disappear off of the corners and streets of small villages where they tormented the residents and extorted them for every last dime. He saw himself, hidden in the shadows, never thanked for what he had done, but living with the assurance that he had done something for the world.

The Kaguya slowly extended his hand and shook Kaseki's. He felt the hard material. Kaseki was no human man. Roku met eyes with the man and nodded.

Anonymous

Kaseki couldn't guarantee fame. He couldn't guarantee freedom. He couldn't guarantee peace. He couldn't guarantee that they would be honored. He couldn't guarantee that they wouldn't be attacked. He couldn't guarantee that he could protect everyone. He couldn't even guarantee that he could protect anyone. The only thing he couldn't guarantee was the opportunity to do everything.

It wasn't about fame. It wasn't about money or being strong. It was about doing the right thing. They weren't criminals, they were shiniobi in a world of shinobi. Sure some of them were missing ninja, but that wasn't what made them up. They were ambassadors of peace.

They were the future.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum