Shinobi Gaiden RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Shinobi Gaiden RP

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Hey
by Kidbushido Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:25 am

» Unknown Lands RP : Naruto RP!
by K Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:16 pm

» Ninja Revolution
by Roku Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:46 am

» Shinobi World War
by Shinsui Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:52 am

» Sooo...
by Kidbushido Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:00 am

» Yasuo Updates
by Conceited Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:31 am

» The Last Bloom (-Done-)
by Conceited Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:30 am

» Sei Natsume
by Conceited Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:30 am

» Igrec Uchiha
by Ryan Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:49 pm

Story
It's been five generations after the first war between Samurai and Shinobi. The five villages were founded shortly after and there has never been a war between them. Until now, all five villages have been off limits to the outside world, however the gates have been opened and ninja were allowed to travel between. But suddenly, kage are falling ill and no one knows who's behind it. The Hokage and Raikage both lie in comatose state, awaiting an answer as to what put them there.
Event Listing

You are not connected. Please login or register

Satisfying A Tea Obsession [Private]

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Satisfying A Tea Obsession [Private] Empty Satisfying A Tea Obsession [Private] Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:22 pm

Conceited

Conceited

Tea was one of the few things that Kali found delectable in terms of beverages, not the sort of person to enjoy something as gross as alcohol or any of those weird beverages that people have been making as of late. No, she was good with her water and her tea with little desire to try anything else. With one particular tea shop within Kirigakure no Sato known for its very large selection of teas and snacks, it was no surprise that Kali visited the place often. She had tried just about everything on their menu, and if they weren’t constantly adding new selections, well she would had been able to say that she tried every last flavor of tea produced within the village, though she really wasn’t complaining much about the new flavors. Being one of the most frequent customers, it had been no surprise to anyone when Kali left her office in the afternoon for a lunch break with her eldest daughter, Karma, right behind her.

Her husband was busy at the moment with their youngest daughter whilst the twins were at the academy, leaving the newly promoted Genin known as Karma to tag along with her to the famous tea shop that the woman was clearly obsessed with. Yet there was no complaints from her daughter, though it was something that Kali had expected of her daughter. With her position as the Mizukage, she had quite the work load to deal with on a daily basis, though she had become rather good at handling it over the years. Yet that didn’t mean she could devote as much time with her family as she wished, so when these moments of free time came up her daughter, as well as the rest of her family, jumped at the chance to be with her. That and it could help that Karma also liked the variety of sweets the tea shop offered, but never mind that.

An average day for the Himitsu family, though one that was a little different compared to their other outings for guest would be joining them in the form of two Senju. One was known as Katsuro and the one accompanying him was Kiyoko, his younger sister by a lot of years. It wouldn’t be her very first time seeing Katsuro, having encountered him on more than one occasion, but it would be her first time seeing Kiyoko though she had heard of the child’s troublesome ways. As for Karma, well this would be her first time meeting either Senju, so Kali didn’t know how the child would react though she could assume that Karma would act as she usually would. The two entered the tea shop, guided to their usual booth by a nice woman dressed in a traditional kimono. Kali allowed Karma to slid in first before she would do the same, wanting to be on the edge. As she waited for the arrival of the Senju siblings, she would look through the menu, noting all the new flavors the shop had.

2Satisfying A Tea Obsession [Private] Empty Re: Satisfying A Tea Obsession [Private] Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:00 pm

Frost Princess

Frost Princess
Kiri Genin
Kiri Genin

Karma had arrived at her mother’s office early in the afternoon, knowing the woman’s schedule fairly well despite the fact that it was hectic, a perk of being the daughter of the Mizukage. As for what she had been doing at her mother’s office, well if one were to know the Himitsu’s they would know that she had arrived so that she may accompany her mother on her lunch break. She hadn’t stayed within the office for very long before she was back on the fairly populated streets of Kirigakure, heading towards the tea shop that all within her family frequented often. It was rare for the entire family to make a visit to the tea shop, but that didn’t matter all that much to the eldest daughter, eldest child period, to much since that simply meant that she could have some quality time with her mother. Though she knew that she wouldn’t be spending that time with her mother alone, for two people were to meet them at the tea shop.

Normally Karma wouldn’t be pleased with having to share her mother’s attention, but she had been persuaded by the woman that some good may come out of this meet up. She hadn’t met these individuals before, nor had she actually heard of it, so all she knew about them was what her mother had informed her of during their leisure walk to the tea shop that boasted a variety of tea and snacks. From her understanding, her mother had only truly met one of these Senju siblings, that one being the eldest whilst she had heard of the troublemaker that was the youngest. She didn’t know how she felt about having tea with somebody who was known for causing trouble, but she also didn’t want to judge this person before she got to even meet them, so she shoved her opinions away.

Karma and Kali had arrived at the tea shop first, or she assumed so since her mother hadn’t pointed out the duo that they were to be having tea with. Per usual, they were led to the same booth, and despite being regular customers they were handed menus for the employees knew that her mother had the habit of trying every new flavor of tea under the sun. Karma personally wasn’t too invested with tea, she came for the snacks, and quite frankly the shop had plenty. With her eyes on the menu, she would silently pick out the items that she wanted as she waited for the arrival of the Senju siblings.

3Satisfying A Tea Obsession [Private] Empty Re: Satisfying A Tea Obsession [Private] Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:26 pm

Katsuro

Katsuro
Suna Chunin
Suna Chunin

Emotionless with a smile. That's what Katsuro called his current state of composure. It was the calm before the storm that resided deep within his soul and rarely got to come out now that he had retired from ANBU. He had been invited the earlier to come drink tea with the Mizukage and her daughter, he had even been told to bring his own sister with him so the Mizukage's eldest would have someone to talk to while the two higher ranked shinobi conversed whatever topic the Mizukage wanted to. Of course that didn't stop the former ANBU member from being completely on edge as they walked through the streets. Many years under the threat of death from shinobi puts one on edge, especially when they were as skilled at their job as Katsuro was. And then a faint voice brought him out of his reverie of caution back into the real world. No one knew that he was former ANBU except save for the Mizukage and then it wasn't something one talked about openly.

And then he found the source of the voice. A small girl of thirteen with pigtails tied in red ribbon he caught subtle hints of her father in her eyes and mannerisms. She was a girl that would break many hearts when she grew up, thanks to the genes passed on to her by her mother. And then Katsuro remembered the orders passed to him by the girl's mother. Make sure no harm ever comes to the child no matter what. At that thought he smiled a genuine smile. If anyone could protect the girl, it was him and the village of Kirigakure.

Suddenly the leisurely walk had come to an end as they stood outside the prestigious tea house known to serve the Mizukage often as well as visiting dignitaries. He didn't know why but he felt nervous. He had met the Mizukage on several occasions before but he was worried about his sister's reputation around the village for being a troublemaker. He wasn't sure if he was going to get chastised or if she was, which wouldn't go well if he felt the Mizukage was being too harsh on the girl. Harm could come from physical causes as well as emotional and Katsuro swore to protect her from all harm.

The bell rang as he stepped through the door, holding it open for Kiyoko to enter through, before letting it close behind him causing the bell to ring out once more. He quickly spotted the Mizukage and her eldest daughter before moving to their table. With a deep bow he offered his greeting.

"Greetings Mizukage-sama, Karma-chan. I am Katsuro Senju and this," he put his hand on top of Kiyoko's head, "is my younger sister Kiyoko. We thank you for inviting us out to Tea." After rising from he bow he awaited permission to have a seat from the Mizukage.

4Satisfying A Tea Obsession [Private] Empty Re: Satisfying A Tea Obsession [Private] Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:58 pm

Kiyoko

Kiri Genin
Kiri Genin

Kiyoko was very happy and full of energy on this very day. She was on her way to tea with the Mizukage and her daughter. She traveled alongside her brother, who had told her she needed to be on her best behavior. However, Kiyoko didn't know if she would be able to obey her brother because of her excitement. The girl hadn't met the Mizukage before so this would be a great time for her to show off. Plus, her daughter would be there so the girl might just be able to make a friend in this very day. In order to calm herself down a little, Kiyoko had started to make a pattern of her walk. She would take three steps and hop. This style of walking would continue for a few moments before the child got bored. " I hope this is fun. " Kiyoko would say as they continued towards the tea shop.

Upon reaching the shop, Kiyoko would watch her brother open the door and would walk in as he held it open for her. The girl would look around at the shop. She didn't know if she liked it exactly but she would make it better somehow. The girl followed after her brother, who had made his way towards the Mizukage's table. After seeing him bow, Kiyoko would giggle a little but quickly stopped. She didn't wish to get into any trouble right away and she didn't know how her brother would feel about her laughing. He would then introduce the both of them. Kiyoko would smile with all her wonderful white teeth showing. However, the girl obviously didn't understand the meaning of the word manners because she would sit right down in front of Karma.

"Hmm... So, your the Mizukages daughter? K... ar... ma. I like that name." Kiyoko would then turn to the Mizukage and stare at her. " and you are the Mizukage. You're pretty. " Kiyoko would smile again. The girl spoke her mind a and did what she wanted really. Until, her brother told her wether or not she was being rude. Then and only then, would the girl try and change the way she was acting.

5Satisfying A Tea Obsession [Private] Empty Re: Satisfying A Tea Obsession [Private] Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:29 pm

Conceited

Conceited

The menu was snapped close, placed upon the table as her gaze shifted to the newly arrived Senju, which consisted of Katsuro and Kiyoko. She watched as the oldest bowed before her, greeting her and her daughter before introducing himself as well as his sister whilst thanking her for the invitation. Even after nearly a decade of being the Mizukage, Kali still didn’t like to be addressed by her title, unless the person addressing her was not of the village. Otherwise she liked it when the villagers referred to her as Kali instead of Mizukage. She smiled, brown eyes staring at Katsuro, watching as he straighten himself out before she decided to speak. “Oh you are far too formal, Senju-san, Kali is fine,” she said, voice smooth and even as she motioned towards the last remaining spot in front of her, “do sit down and take a look at the wide selection of tea.”

When Katsuro was seated, her attention would turn towards Kiyoko, having no intentions of ignoring the child. “Indeed, Senju-san,” she said, eyes on Kiyoko as she gave the child a soft smile. “And you are pretty yourself,” she added before those eyes would turn back to Katsuro, a signal for her daughter to engage Kiyoko in conversation if she hadn’t begun to already. “I do hope we didn’t pull you away from anything important with the invitation. We simply get bored alone and thus I decided that getting to know some people over a cup of tea wouldn’t hurt.” She paused for a brief moment as the one who had seated Karma and herself earlier came over with two menus, placing them in front of Katsuro and Kiyoko before stating that she would give them a moment to decide what they wanted. “So, do tell how you have been lately,” Kali stated upon the female leaving, not bothering to pick up her menu once again for she knew what she wanted.

6Satisfying A Tea Obsession [Private] Empty Re: Satisfying A Tea Obsession [Private] Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:37 pm

Frost Princess

Frost Princess
Kiri Genin
Kiri Genin

Karma had heard the sound of her mother snapping the menu closed, head snapping to the side as she wondered what had caused her mother to do such a thing. The answer would come in the form of two individuals standing before their table, one being male that looked considerably older than the female. Without needing to hear introductions, she was smart enough to deduce who he was with the information that she had, she knew that the two must be the Senju siblings her mother was talking about. She stared at the male for a while, briefly wondering how he had come to know her name though she didn’t dwell on the thought for long, closing her menu softly before setting it upon the table, brown eyes on the newly dubbed Kiyoko. She realized that the child hadn’t bothered bowing nor had she waited for her mother to give her permission to sit, unlike her brother, the female simply slid into the booth before stating a rhetorical question.

“Indeed, Senju-san,” Karma said, imitating her mother’s speech pattern for the moment. She had been taught to refer to anyone and everyone by their surname unless told otherwise. Her mother may not be a strictly formal person, telling residents of Kirigakure to call her Kali instead of Mizukage, but that didn’t mean her mother wasn’t formal to a degree. She shifted a bit, eyes on Kiyoko as her mother spoke, feeling no need to interrupt the woman for it wasn’t like Kiyoko was going anywhere. When her mother had finished speaking, well than Karma would speak. “Pleasure to meet you, Senju-san,” Karma would say as a greeting, her voice soft as she placed her folded hands upon her lap.

“Is it your first time here?” She asked, an attempt to get a conversation started.

7Satisfying A Tea Obsession [Private] Empty Re: Satisfying A Tea Obsession [Private] Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:17 pm

Katsuro

Katsuro
Suna Chunin
Suna Chunin

Spending your entire life being taught that people of a higher rank deserved respect and honorifics, Katsuro found himself stunned with the Mizukage asked him to refer her to Kali. Of course he didn't let this shock rise to the service of his face, a trick mastered over the years of being a Shinobi and ANBU. A trick he was sure she herself had mastered over the years of being Mizukage, a job she had taken quite early in her shinobi career.

"As you command, Kali-sama." He said as he seated himself at the table, offering a disappointed look at his Kiyoko. He knew he had taught her better manners than to seat herself before permission was granted and he would have to make sure she would remember later. Of course the look of disappointment lasted merely a second before it disappeared and his face resumed his normal smiling face. "Please, Kali-sama, you may call me by my given name instead of my surname."

And then the Mizukage turned to his Kiyoko and accepted the compliment and offered one of her own to the young Senju girl who was seated next to him. He had to agree with the Mizukage about Kiyoko. She had more aspects of her mother about her than her father, which Katsuro counted towards the many blessings the girl had going towards her. Though he wondered when she would notice. And then his reverie was broken by the the Mizukage asking him a question.

"Hm? Oh, no. Nothing terribly important. I was just lounging around the family home trying to keep young Kiyoko here out of trouble. I was quite grateful for the invite to be honest. I find myself terribly bored when there are no missions assigned to me. Also, I do hope we aren't intruding too much on your time with your daughter."

He then turned his attention to the waitress before ordering what he wanted, "I would like some green tea with a rice cake please."

8Satisfying A Tea Obsession [Private] Empty Re: Satisfying A Tea Obsession [Private] Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:30 pm

Kiyoko

Kiri Genin
Kiri Genin

Kiyoko would smile at the compliment she had just received from the Mizukage. She would not see the look of disappointment her brother had shown considering her eyes had been too focused on the Mizukage. The woman truly was pretty and she must have been strong, since she was the Mizukage. However, Kiyoko still wasn't sure about her so until she thought otherwise the girl would continue to treat her like most but maybe a slight bit better.

Kiyoko would turn her eyes towards the woman's daughter and giggle. "You sound like your mom. Just call me Kiyoko or Kiyo. Either way I like them both. " Kiyoko would then smile and listen as Karma had asked her a question. "Actually, yes it is. I think it's a little... boring though." The girl would look around as she spoke about the place and then speak again. "I think it needs more..." The girl would cut off with a grin setting in on her face as the waitress brought menus. As the woman left, she quickly turned back, ".. more tea! Yeah, I mean they do have a lot but I mean can never have too much right."

Kiyoko would then prop the menu up to cover the blush she had on her face. The girl couldn't believe she almost said something like that out loud. Especially around her brother and the Mizukage. Then, she would lower the menu and smile once more. No trace of blush would be evident on her face.

9Satisfying A Tea Obsession [Private] Empty Re: Satisfying A Tea Obsession [Private] Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:20 pm

Conceited

Conceited

“Of course not, Katsuro-san,” Kali would say, smile upon her face as she cocked her head to the side. Her eyes would briefly trail over to that of her daughter’s face, paying little mind to the conversation she had struck up with the young female Senju though listening nonetheless. “Karma can live one day without having her mother to herself,” she said with a soft chuckle, turning her gaze back to Katsuro, chuckling even more if her daughter was to retort, as she was prone to do, or simply taking in a nice deep breath if her child was to engrossed with her conversation to take notice of her mother’s words. With the arrival of the waitress, the party could now proceed with placing their orders, and she listened as Katsuro ordered what he desired. Attention would than be turned to Kiyoko, the kind waitress waiting for the child to place her order before turning her attention to the Himitsu who sat on the opposite side of the table from the Senju.

“I think I shall have peppermint tea this time around, with a side of mitarashi dango,” Kali would say, falling silent as her daughter ordered what she pleased. Upon the orders being taken, Kali would grab Karma’s menu, stacking it on top of her own before handing it over to the waitress. A soft thank you was uttered, and when the woman had collected all four menus, she was off, leaving the four with one another once again. Her attention now off the waitress, since the woman had left, and with her daughter pre-occupied with other matters, Kali’s attention would turn back to Katsuro. “Hm,” was what had left her mouth as she idly shifted her position, “I should had thought about conversation starters, but I guess I must pull one out of thin air since I don’t want to bore you with silence.” She said, the index finger of her right hand tapping her chin as her eyes seemed to gaze at the ceiling, though she was simply thinking. “I know!” She would exclaim, clasping her hands together as her head tilted to the side, her smile seemingly bigger than before though that didn’t really matter in the grand scheme of things. “Do you plan on taking any of the Genin as students? Or shall you continue to work alone?”

10Satisfying A Tea Obsession [Private] Empty Re: Satisfying A Tea Obsession [Private] Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:51 am

Frost Princess

Frost Princess
Kiri Genin
Kiri Genin

Be peaceful, be courteous, obey the law, respect everyone;
K A R M A H I M I T S U
but if someone puts their hand on you, send them to the cemetery.

Satisfying A Tea Obsession [Private] I3ypD2t

“A bore huh?” Karma mumbled, growing quiet as she thought over Kiyoko’s words, ignoring her mother’s jab though if she had heard the woman would had undoubtedly received a witty retort. Yet with her mind on Kiyoko, she had realized the child saying more and her head with snap up, eyes back on Kiyoko’s form as she slumped her shoulders. “If this shop were to receive anymore tea,” Karma’s eyes would drift over to her mother, “I doubt my mother shall ever leave the establishment until all are sampled, though she can say with confidence that she has tried most of the shop’s teas.”

With those words spoken, her attention would be turned to the waitress, who was quite ready to take the table’s order. Katsuro, the only male of the group, had been first to order, with the woman waiting to receive Kiyoko’s order before taking her mother’s and lastly hers. Usually it was custom to take the Mizukage’s order first, the individual being above all within the village, but knowing her mother all to well, the waitress paid no heed to this sort of custom. “I shall simply have green tea with a side of dango,” Karma would say, a small smile upon her face as the woman nodded her head, writing down the last of the order before collecting the menus and going about her business.

With the waitress gone, her attention would be brought back to Kiyoko, and she would stare at the female for a couple seconds as she thought of another conversation starter. “How long has it been since you graduated from the academy, and have you already been assigned a team?”

11Satisfying A Tea Obsession [Private] Empty Re: Satisfying A Tea Obsession [Private] Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:31 am

Katsuro

Katsuro
Suna Chunin
Suna Chunin

Katsuro chuckled along with the Mizukage as she made a joke directed at her daughter. Katsuro was tempted to do the same for Kiyoko but he just couldn't bring himself to do it. He was truly wrapped around her finger and he dreaded the day she finally figured it out. After ordered he handed the waitress his menu and nudged Kiyoko with his elbow in order to urge her to order whatever she liked from the menu.

"Silence isn't as boring as most people think. When I was with the Organization," he said with a hint of subterfuge being in the presence of the two genin, "We would use the silence as a sort of game. We would memorize everything we heard before and during the escalation and after the mission was over we would compare what we heard. Those who heard the least amount would be forced to buy food for the entire squad." He gave a soft chuckle of his own as he remembered the games they played while on mission.

And then the question came that he had no answer to. He still didn't feel comfortable helping train genin to become like him. To secretly relish in the death of their enemies and to hide their emotions from their family. But he would still need a diplomatic answer to shrug it off.

"I think that is ultimately up to you Kali-sama. But I don't know if the genin would be ready for my training style. I'm used to training shinobi who have been around longer and have a higher tolerance to certain aspects of being a shinobi." He was not sure if the Mizukage was aware of the difficult ANBU training regime but if she was, she would know that it might not be the best for genin to be subject to that type of training. Though it would be an interesting special project to give ANBU hopefuls a taste of what the life is like.

"But what about you Kali-sama. Did you have a squad before you became Mizukage? You became Mizukage quite young if I remember correctly."

12Satisfying A Tea Obsession [Private] Empty Re: Satisfying A Tea Obsession [Private] Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:50 pm

Kiyoko

Kiri Genin
Kiri Genin

Kiyoko would grin as Karma started talking about her tea comment. She was glad to know that the girl didn't catch on to the fact she was turning the girls attention away from what she was truly about to say. If the girl were to have noticed, Kiyoko surely would have gotten in trouble. Today, she wished to not get into much trouble until after the Mizukage was not arround. Kiyoko was afraid of what might happen if the woman were to catch her doing something wrong and she also didn't wish to make her brother look bad. However, her mind would turn back to the girl words once again, "You know. You must be smart because you say some big words. I don't even understand them sometimes." Kiyoko would say as she giggled.

The female would have her attention on Karma, until she felt an unexpected touch. When Kiyoko's brother nudged her, she would gasp a little with a slight jump. "Uhh green tea!" Kiyoko would say as she tried to cover up what she had just done. She might have ordered something else had she taken time to look instead of talk. However, it was the first thing that came to mind after the moment of her little scare. Sure she knew that everyone at the table was safe to be around but she had never gotten over the scare of that one night. The child's face would turn a slight pink as she nervously laughed. She would listen to the Mizukage order and then Karma. The young Senju would sigh and look down but her head would snap back up as she listened to Karma.

"Uhh yeah I graduated not to long ago. Hmm... a team.. I'm not sure." Kiyoko would say out loud but in her mind ither things were being said such as, 'I hope not. I don't want a team. All I need is my brother.'

13Satisfying A Tea Obsession [Private] Empty Re: Satisfying A Tea Obsession [Private] Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:45 pm

Conceited

Conceited

“Hm…” came an audible sound from Kali as she thought over Katsuro’s words, still paying the children no mind, at least for now. Katsuro was honest, that was for sure, no signs of deceptions having been picked up by the Himitsu. It was true that his method of training the Genin would be a bit… extreme, but that was what they needed. The Genin needed to get use to certain aspects of being a shinobi anyways, and thus they may as well start off early for starting later could prove to be a problem. Yet she wouldn’t press the topic, seeing really no reason to especially since he had left that up to her. And to be frank, she probably wouldn’t give the man his own squad, but she would definitely force the Genin of the village to receive a lesson or two from the man. Though, a squad could potentially be in the Senju’s future, though Kali had to watch him closely to make sure he would have the time for such things.

“Interesting.” Kali muttered as her gaze shifted back to the man who sat before her, a smile crossing her face as she went to scratch the back of her head sheepishly. “Hehe, I haven’t had the honors of a squad,” Kali said, continuing to scratch the back of her head, “I was sort of busy taking care of Karma at the time.” Her hand would drop back underneath the table as she looked at Karma, “when I became Mizukage, I hadn’t the time to take up a team, not whilst juggling my Kage duties as well as the duties I had to my family.” Those brown eyes were back on Katsuro, “but I don’t think I would had made a very good teacher anyways.”

With those words said, the waitress would arrive with their orders, Kali watching as the woman gently placed each person’s order in front of them with a smile upon her face. “Thank you,” Kali would say before taking a sip of her tea, which of course was delicious. She would than set her cup down, tilting her head to the left, “I may take up a team in the future though since I don’t have such a heavy workload, but that would be after I complete several task.”

"On top of that, I think you would make a good teacher, your experience being quite beneficial to the younger generation. Besides, they need to learn now rather than later, don't you agree?"
She added, taking another sip of her tea.

14Satisfying A Tea Obsession [Private] Empty Re: Satisfying A Tea Obsession [Private] Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:39 am

Frost Princess

Frost Princess
Kiri Genin
Kiri Genin

K A R M A H I M I T S U

Karma blinked a couple times, her mind attempting to decipher what Kiyoko meant by her words. She reviewed what she had said, taking note of the single word that was long, though the meaning of which wasn’t hard to figure out when one used context. She wouldn’t think about that though, merely finding something that she can annoy Kiyoko with upon them reaching that friend status, if they ever reached that status. It was easy to never see an individual again within the village, or to catch glimpses of said person but never have the chance to talk to them once again, unless you were somehow with this person a lot. She may seem, uh, well she doesn’t actually know how Kiyoko perceived her, but with her not being so bubbly at the moment, the Senju definitely wouldn’t consider Karma to be the sort of person to poke fun of her friends, go out on adventures, and otherwise be a happy person.

“Hm, that’s nice. Perhaps mother shall place us on the same team,” Karma said, an attempt to keep the conversation going, though one that she failed at. She really couldn’t be this bad around people, could she? Probably she had been all along and has only now noticed it, but that wasn’t something she was about to contemplate. Silence descended between the two, and only after the waitress had returned with their orders did Karma decide to try once again, though with something that should be a little more interesting. “What do you do for fun?" She asked before picking up one of the four sticks on her plate, each stick containing four dango on it. She slid two off, popping it into her mouth before putting the stick down and taking a sip of her tea. All the while keeping her eyes trained on Kiyoko.

15Satisfying A Tea Obsession [Private] Empty Re: Satisfying A Tea Obsession [Private] Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:22 am

Katsuro

Katsuro
Suna Chunin
Suna Chunin

Katsuro nodded. He could relate to the pressures of having a demanding job while also taking care of your family. At the mention of it he couldn't help but smile warmly as he sneaked a glance at Kiyoko. He stilled wondered what would happen the day she found out the truth behind their relationship. How much she would hate him. The pain of those thoughts were easily hidden beneath the warm outer exterior that his face had morphed into. Though he recognized the muttering of the Kage, he couldn't help but sneak another glance at Kiyoko.

"It's possible," Katsuro said to the Mizukage's words about not making a good squad leader. "No disrespect intended, of course. It's just that you were still quite a fresh faced shinobi when you were made Mizukage by the council. Many of the shinobi didn't trust you but you have since proved yourself to be a dedicated Kage," He turned his head and smiled at Karma, "And an excellent mother. But now..." He was about to offer another compliment to the Mizukage when the waitress arrived with the drinks and food, sufficiently distracted him from his speech that he soon forgot about it.

First he took the cup with both hands and brought it delicately to his nose to let the aroma fill his nostrils. "Mmm," was the only audible sound that escaped Katsuro's throat as he smelled the delicious aroma of the tea before he brought it to his lips and took a small sip. The tea was still hot but he let it move over the surface of his tongue, letting each and every one of his taste-buds get a sample of the tea. It was good to say the least. Better than anything he could ever make, though he was sure his mother could have it beat. Not that he was biased.

He listened to Kali as he took a bite from the rice cake. She made a point. He couldn't help but worry if the genin were not ready for the the always possible chance of war that ruled over the lives of the higher ranks such as himself and the Mizukage. There was always the chance of a mistake being made by shinobi abroad and war being declared between two villages. His only concern was that the genin, though trained by excellent shinobi, were not adequately prepared for war and the inevitable loss they would face on the battlefield. Though he also believed that great care must be used to make sure that the shinobi trained under this principle didn't become someone he relished in death. He felt that would ruin the Shinobi forever.

"I agree, Kali-sama. The genin should be prepared for the inevitable of their lives as Shinobi. Loss to civilians is devastating. To us shinobi, loss is something that must be devastating but also be seen as a way life. A difficult one yes, but it is one they, and we, have chosen to live. Though great care must be taken to insure that a shinobi doesn't start to relish in the death they will most likely inflict on the enemies of the village. I believe that is the quickest way to ruin the shinobi and the village." He paused a moment to let his words float through the air as he took another small sip from the tea. "You will undoubtedly find shinobi who wish to bring us back to the days of the Bloody Mist but those are the shinobi, I believe, that have been ruined. Ruined by the death that is so prevalent in their lives they wish to inflict it on everyone." He had plenty more to tell his Kage but before he would be able to do that he would need to know her reaction, and not be in the company of genin.

16Satisfying A Tea Obsession [Private] Empty Re: Satisfying A Tea Obsession [Private] Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:32 pm

Kiyoko

Kiri Genin
Kiri Genin

Kiyoko sat in silence for a moment as she watched Karma. The girl wasn't saying anything, which caused Kiyoko to think she had said something wrong. This would make the young Senju start to worry slightly as she glanced at her brother and back to Karma. If there was anyone she didn't want to upset today it was her brother and especially while they were with the Mizukage. However, the girl in front of her would begin to speak again, which would make Kiyoko sigh. She spoke about the two being on a team. This would make Kiyoko begin to blink. Karam on a team with her? Kiyoko would shake her head slightly. How could she be on a team with anyone else? She was dumb and couldn't do much of anything at all. Considering this child was the Mizukage's, she was sure to be smart and good at a lot of things. It may be fun being on Karma's team but she was hesitant to say yes at the same time.

Kiyoko had looked down to see the tea in front of her that she had ordered. The child really didn't wish to have anything at all but her brother's unexpected nudge had caused the girl a slight panic, which in turn caused her to blurt out. Once again, the child would turn a little pink before calming again. Kiyoko really didn't wish for anyone to know that one thing about her but eventually someone would notice. The girl would look back p to Karma as she had asked a question. Kiyoko would blink once again. She had to answer this question with caution although, the Mizukage probably already knew many of the things the young Senju did. However, Kiyoko would think very hard about her answer and then speak. "Well, I like to do art, I like to go on adventures, and I like to train." Kiyoko would smile after speaking. However, in he mind she would be saying something else. 'I'm just not good at most of it...'

17Satisfying A Tea Obsession [Private] Empty Re: Satisfying A Tea Obsession [Private] Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:45 am

Frost Princess

Frost Princess
Kiri Genin
Kiri Genin

K A R M A H I M I T S U

Karma watched her mother consume four dango, gulping it down with a bit of tea from the corner of her eye. Some of her focus had fled to the adult’s conversation, somewhat curious of what they were talking about though she had to be rather discreet about it. If her mother noticed, she may be told to turn her attention back to Kiyoko and not pay attention to the adult conversation happening right next to her. Though that’s only if her mother deemed the current conversation the two were holding as business, yet her mind doubted the woman would since they were out in public unless she originally had no intentions of talking about things that pertained to the Genin population. She continued to watch the adults from the corner of her eyes, attention divided between the two conversations being held, though it was primarily on Kiyoko.

“A death here, a kidnapping there, a failure over there, a Shinobi must handle all with poise, especially death.” Kali said before taking a sip from her tea cup, setting the cup back upon the table. “Of course they shouldn’t learn to relish in the pain the inflict on people, I don’t need a bunch of bloodthirsty shinobi on my hands, just shinobi that can get the job done efficiently.” Her mother paused, and gazed at Karma, and at that moment Karma had both eyes and her full attention on Kiyoko once again, though her mother said nothing about her eavesdropping. “It’s the career they chose. We may as well ensure that they are properly equipped to handle whatever is thrown their way.” Her mother grew quiet.

“You don’t go out with friends?” Karma asked as the adults were having their conversation, tilting her head slightly to the right. “Or do you do art, go on adventures an train with your friends?”

18Satisfying A Tea Obsession [Private] Empty Re: Satisfying A Tea Obsession [Private] Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:59 pm

Katsuro

Katsuro
Suna Chunin
Suna Chunin

Katsuro frowned at the mention of kidnapped. Kiyoko's kidnapping as a child was still fresh in his mind. Fresh enough to know that he could still smell the metallic scent of the blood of those who attempted to take his precious girl away from him. Still, he was thankful that she didn't remember what happened that night with clarity or the nightmares would have been far worse with the images of bodies shredded and spikes of wood protruding from their dead or dying forms. He showed those men no mercy and simply left them to die a slow painful death as he hugged her close to his chest.

"I agree. Poise is indeed necessary when dealing with these things." What he wanted to say that he would answer Death and Kidnappings with death itself. Just as he had done all those years ago. "As you may know, I prefer to answer a few of those things with adequate justice. While one mustn't enjoy killing, it is necessary to insure that your enemies are afraid of attacking you. Or if they do attack you should be afraid of the repercussions of such an attack. I call it Shock and Awe."

He knew if Kiyoko was listening she probably would have heard the word kidnapping. Regardless, if she heard or not he was soft place his arm around her shoulder and give it a squeeze. He wasn't sure how she would react but he was prepared for whatever she acted like. Well almost prepared. As he waited, he brought the tea cup up to his mouth and took a sip.

19Satisfying A Tea Obsession [Private] Empty Re: Satisfying A Tea Obsession [Private] Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:58 pm

Kiyoko

Kiri Genin
Kiri Genin

Kiyoko stared at her tea as things seemed to get quiet between the two younger girls. She was deciding on wether or not she should drink the tea. It would be a waste but then again she really didn't think she wanted it. What if she started to drink it and then wanted it? But what if she didn't want it? What if she didn't drink it but then felt guilty that she didnt? Maybe, drinking it would be a good idea. The girl would tap her fingers on the table as she stared at the tea. Her fingers slowly began to inch their way closer, when the Mizukage began to speak. Kiyoko really wasn't paying much attention, until she heard that word. This would cause Kiyoko to freeze in her tracks.

Kiyoko didn't remember much of what happened but she did remember sounds, blurry sights from the tears she shed, and things going dark at one point. Most of all, she remembered her brother was there to save her but it still frightened her to think about. What if he had been gone? What if he hadn't been able to save her? What if it happened again? Kiyoko often found herself wondering if somebody would come for her or her brother for hurting those people. She didn't want to think about it but sometimes she just heard noises at night and it just happened.

Kiyoko would shiver slightly as she felt her brothers arm around her and a squeezing on her shoulder. The girl's eyes would continue to stare at her tea but then would slowly move to look at her brother. She didn't care about the fact that he would think she was eavesdropping. It was evident that the girl was slightly scared by the look in her eyes but looking at her brother she would know she was safe. However when Karma spoke to her, she couldn't find the words to speak nor could she find it in her to look at the young girl in front of her. It was almost as if the girl was stiffening in cement. It was hard for her to move, to speak, or to even get her mind off of the thing that was keeping her at bay.

20Satisfying A Tea Obsession [Private] Empty Re: Satisfying A Tea Obsession [Private] Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:45 am

Conceited

Conceited

Kali hadn’t missed it, though she rarely did when it came to people, it was sort of why it was nigh impossible to lie to her. She calmly picked up her tea cup, eyes on both Senju now as her mind quickly came to the conclusion that Kiyoko had been kidnapped once upon a time and by her reaction, the child was still very much traumatized. And with how his words were worded as well as his protective nature of his sister, she could only assume that he hadn’t handled himself with poise and had outright murdered the individuals who had tried to kidnap his sister. She couldn’t blame him really, family was important and those who tried to tear them apart through kidnapping did need to be handled. She would only wish that their demise had been swift for being on the receiving end of an enraged Senju didn’t sound all that pleasant. She glanced at her own daughter, seeing if the child had caught Kiyoko’s reaction as well. A grin would spread across Kali’s face as her attention was turned back to the Senju siblings. “Interesting,” Kali said before taking a sip of her tea, which she was running low on already but she didn’t pay much mind to it as she sat it back down on the table.

“Shock and awe, huh. I would personally just refer to it as a scare tactics, but yours sounds more interesting,” Kali said, deciding to completely ignore what had occurred before her for she saw no reason to ask questions. But she hadn’t decided to hide the fact that she had noticed, there was simply no reason to do such a thing. And seeing how the conversation had rendered Kiyoko speechless, the woman decided to steer away from talks that may mention kidnapping as well as making a mental note to be careful of what she said around the child. She would rather Kiyoko get rid of her fears, they being nothing more than invisible shackles that may hinder her, but than again that wasn’t her job. No, that was the job of her older brother or parents, and they would decide when it was finally time for the kid to get over it, or at least be at peace with it.

“Enough about work related stuff,” Kali said as she clapped her hand together, grin upon her face as she perked up. An attempt to lighten the mood, and she expected for the children to go back to their own conversation though if Kiyoko decided that speaking was no longer an option, Karma could entertain herself by listening to the adults though she wouldn’t make comments. The child knew that she could listen to grown folks business, but she also knew that that was all she was allowed to do. “Hm. What would be a good topic?” Kali said as she absentmindedly drummed her fingers against the table, only stopping when she got a bright idea. “I know! How about relationships?” She smiled, "I would ask what you do for a living, but that would be a redundant question since I already know the answer to it, no?"

21Satisfying A Tea Obsession [Private] Empty Re: Satisfying A Tea Obsession [Private] Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:32 am

Frost Princess

Frost Princess
Kiri Genin
Kiri Genin

Karma frowned, observing the reaction of Kiyoko before staring at her mother from the corner of her eye. The woman had noticed as well, though that was obvious enough, and since the woman didn’t say anything, she wouldn’t say anything either. She took a sip of tea as she coughed, eyes still on Kiyoko as she waited for the child to snap out of it before she had a panic attack, though with her brother comforting her, a panic attack didn’t seem like it would be in their future. She downed the rest of her tea and cleaned another stick of dango. “I personally spend lots of time with my friends and family. Not a lot of work going into training just yet, though I have plans to learn various things before excelling to the next rank.” She said, an attempt to continue the conversation.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum