Shinobi Gaiden RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Shinobi Gaiden RP

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Hey
by Kidbushido Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:25 am

» Unknown Lands RP : Naruto RP!
by K Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:16 pm

» Ninja Revolution
by Roku Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:46 am

» Shinobi World War
by Shinsui Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:52 am

» Sooo...
by Kidbushido Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:00 am

» Yasuo Updates
by Conceited Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:31 am

» The Last Bloom (-Done-)
by Conceited Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:30 am

» Sei Natsume
by Conceited Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:30 am

» Igrec Uchiha
by Ryan Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:49 pm

Story
It's been five generations after the first war between Samurai and Shinobi. The five villages were founded shortly after and there has never been a war between them. Until now, all five villages have been off limits to the outside world, however the gates have been opened and ninja were allowed to travel between. But suddenly, kage are falling ill and no one knows who's behind it. The Hokage and Raikage both lie in comatose state, awaiting an answer as to what put them there.
Event Listing

You are not connected. Please login or register

Training with the seniors. [Jager/Roku/Hertz]

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Jager

Jager
Kumo Genin
Kumo Genin

Jager was focusing his Taijutsu training, he was being directed by his Jonin to get a head start before he arrived, so Jager took his time in throwing a few punches here and there. “One, two, three….” He was mixing up the combinations and appeared to be shadow boxing with himself to pass the time. Jager would also throw a kick from time to time, with every intention that indicates that he was facing a real opponent. Jager didn’t mess around with his training, and he wanted his sensei to know that he took it being a ninja very seriously. “Alright, what’s taking him so long though?” Jager would say ash he stopped and put his hands on his hips, looking around the training area. He would then sigh as he started to mess around with his bandages. His hands were a bit rough after the push-ups that he did on his knuckles earlier, body weight training was also essential for training. “I hope he didn’t forget, he made a promise didn’t he? “ager would say in his head as he waited patiently a bit more, patience was also a part of being a ninja.

B1 -> N1 = 250 WC: 25% reduction = 188
Taujutsu N1

Roku

Roku
Akatsuki Member
Akatsuki Member

Roku was hurtling through Kumogakure at breakneck speeds.  His Mastery of Taijutsu could really be seen here as he cleared 20 meters per second at his dead sprint.  He hurtled away from the Raikage's office to the training grounds of Kumogakure in an attempt to meet his new student at the training grounds, though he had an emergency mission come up that he had to do first.  He had just checked in and given his report to the Raikage and now he was about a minute away from being late.  In that minute he had to run the mile's distance to get to the training ground.  He wasn't entirely worried about looking good to his new student, nor would he feel bad for being late.  Moreso, he simply wanted to set a good example that a proper Shinobi is punctual.  Roku arrived just in time to see Jager finish punching at that air and begin to play with his bandages.

"Hey!"  The smile Roku gave was almost real.  Why did he find it so damn hard to be real with people?  Why couldn't he genuinely be close to someone?

2Hertz

Kumo Jonin
Kumo Jonin

Despite being an A-ranked shinobi, Itome Uchiha knew he had a lot to work on if he ever wanted to be strong enough to take over this village. It was why every morning, at precisely eight o' clock, he traveled to one of the quiet training fields(because it gave him a chance to be himself, instead of constantly keeping up his disguise) from the Uchiha compound in his casual clothing, and went to work on refining his current skills.

But today, he would not be refining his current skills. He would be learning new skills that would help him in battle. It was time to get good at the specialty Uchihas were known the most for..

Genjutsu. Out of the three great Dojutsu, the Sharingan could be said to be more Genjutsu based, while the Rinnegan is Ninjutsu based, and the Byakugan based on Taijutsu. Unfortunately, he never bothered on learning Genjutsu. After all, he figured since he had his long and mid range skills in Ninjutsu, and his weapons in close combat, that was all he needed to crush those insects. But, he did feel like he was missing a huge opportunity. Itome felt that he should at least become an adept in practicing his Genjutsu.

Unfortunately, it wasn't as easy as practicing a jutsu or remembering stances. It would require high chakra control to be skilled in Genjutsu. That meant long, boring hours of meditation, which blowed, but..what could he do? No such thing as short cuts when it came to training.

Itome went over to a rock that was at least twice his size, and sat on it, going into a stance for meditation. But, after a hour of this, he got too bored, and stood right back up.

"You can't tell me that this is the only way to train this damn combat skill. I see why not many people are Genjutsu users when the training is on the opposite spectrum of engaging."

Then, an idea popped up into his head. If it was about practicing his chakra control...perhaps firing off jutsu WOULD help. He could practice on controlling the amount of chakra required to fire the jutsu. If he didn't come up with that, he was sure that he would have given up on practicing Genjutsu.

The Jounin leapt off of the rock, and his eyes locked onto one of the wooden dummies. Now, he would be using his low ranking jutsu because it made no sense for him to be using his higher ranking jutsu. It was a waste of chakra, and rather dangerous, although he didn't really care about the latter.

Forming a single handseal with his right arm at chest level, he fired a baseball sized glob of water that flew across the sky, striking the wooden dummy and causing it to explode in a shower of wooden splinters. For some reason, it was classified as a C-rank despite it's potency. But, Itome supposed that other factors came into play, like how difficult the jutsu is to learn. He wondered who created the ranking system in the first place..

"Hm. I have to stop thinking about such unnecessary thoughts. Anyways, I feel like I wasted some chakra in that technique. Even though I'm a master of Ninjutsu, sometimes I can waste the smallest of chakra. But, perhaps training such a small jutsu wouldn't do much when it comes to his chakra control."

Prepared to use a much stronger jutsu, he could hear the sounds of someone training off in the distance. This made him stop his handseals. Curiosity got the best of him, and he went off to figure out if it was anyone important. What he came across disappointed him, unfortunately.

In the middle of the training field was a Genin who was shadow boxing. Annoyed that this insignificant ant prevented him from furthering his ability with Genjutsu, he decided that some bullying was some order. He stood six meters away from this Genin, to his left.

"Really? You couldn't have been a Jounin that I could be sparring with? How annoying..."

Blinking a few times, he remembered that he was supposed to be playing the role of idiot.

"I mean...HEY! I'M ITOME! WHAT'S YOUR NAME?!?!!? YOU LOOK LIKE A COOOOOOL GUY!"

Then, some guy came out of nowhere. He looked a bit familiar, perhaps he was a Jounin of this village.

"HI GUY!"

WC: 741

Genjutsu: N3

Jager

Jager
Kumo Genin
Kumo Genin

“Hey sensei Roku…”Jager would say with a small smile and gave a sharp bow as he got into his usual fighting stance. Jager would continue to throw even more punches at a faster rate this time. “I’m ready to learn some new things today, I’m especially fond of Taijutsu, though I like other things as well. “Jager had that excited look on his face once he realized the reputation that Roku boasted in a sense, this man was practically a Taijutsu master. There weren’t a lot of people that could say something like that. On top of that, he seemed to have been a part of a clan, Jager would hear a lot from the other children at school. However, he was met by another individual before he could say anything further. He seemed like another adult from the village, a Jonin perhaps?” Osu!” Jager would say to the older gentlemen as he gave a sharp bow in the man’s direction before relaxing his posture. He was really big on showing respect to the Village’s best, you’ll never know when you might learn something important from those people. “Nice to meet you Mr Itome, I’m Jager Otura.”

Jager would say this simply as he continued to throw a few punches here and there, testing the speed and weight that he was putting behind his attacks. Jager would leave his sensei to introduce himself, perhaps the grownups had something to talk about. If that was the case, Jager wouldn’t pay them any mind until he was called upon, doing so out of respect and staying out of the adults business in a way. He wouldn’t want them telling his mom that he was being nosy. After a while, jager would stop and wait for instruction. “So what should I do now?”

N1 -> N2 = 150 WC: and N2 -> N3 = 200 WC: a total of 350-25% = 262 WC
Taijutsu N3

Roku

Roku
Akatsuki Member
Akatsuki Member

A small surge of anger could be seen in the young Jounin's eyes as he heard this strange man approach his young new student. It was odd... he didn't even know this kid, and yet he felt some protective instinct over him. How did that make any sense? It could be the kid's attitude. He cared about being a Shinobi and getting better. He cared about showing the Jounin respect, even though he never commanded for it. Roku liked that about people.

Quickly, Roku evacuated the anger from his eyes. It was now replaced with a new, fake demeanor. Politeness. He looked at the other man who had approached his student in such a disrespectful manner and politely said "I'm a Jounin, can I be of assistance? I heard you mention one a second ago. Before that, allow me to tend to my new student." Roku's politeness now turned to respect as he looked at the young Genin, though this time the emotion was real. He respected how motivated the young kid was... and this put the Genin on the same level as Roku, not in power, but in character.

Roku bowed to the young Genin, intent on not trying to portray himself as some higher being who demanded respect and gave none in turn. It may be true that he demanded respect, but he also returned it. Roku smiled at his new charge. "Hi, I am Roku Kaguya. I'm a Jounin here in Kumogakure, and Taijutsu happens to be one of my particular interests as well. I saw you shadow boxing a second ago. There are two important qualities to Taijutsu I saw you lacking. The first is balance. In Taijutsu, you can't put too much weight on one foot or part of your body. To help this, remember to stay low in your stances. The second is a little more difficult. A punch is something that engages the entire body. Legs lean the body forward just a slight bit and maintain balance. The core keeps the body tight and turns the upper half of your body in to the punch. Your shoulders should follow through with your punch and add extra power and speed. And finally, your arms, but their function is obvious. Try it."

2Hertz

Kumo Jonin
Kumo Jonin

Itome felt a disturbing air around this new Jounin, almost as if he was hated. It was disgusting, and the Jounin wanted to end his life right now. But, that would be stupid. It would attract too much attention, and while he had no problem killing the Genin if he needed to, that would break his disguise he'd been using for so many years, all over something silly like this.

"Oh, yeah! I did need a Jounin for something. It wasn't for anything special though, I just wanted to catalogue abilities just in case I have to work with them. Like my momma always said, you should always know as much as you can about your allies...~"

The Genin was practicing Taijutsu, a field Itome had no idea about because he found it useless when trying to kill people. Anything a fist could do, a weapon could do better. He couldn't resist the chance to talk more shit and rile people up, so, he did it obviously.

"You're practicing Taijutsu, huh? No offense, but why not specialize in weapons? I mean, they usually have the advantage in everything. Close range, mid range, long range..plus, the added kill ability."

As soon as he finished his sentence, he gave a casual shrug.

"But, what do I know? I bought my way to the rank of Jounin, after all.While you guys were stuck grinding it out, I had all these opportunities because I come from a family of high class! Hah, my life is the best!"

He gave a little laugh, always making sure to keep his eyes on the other Jounin. Itome guessed he was the unpredictable type, the ones that were always ruining his plans. Kaguya were extremely violent..maybe this massive shit talking would give Itome an idea of how strong this person was. Or, maybe Itome would be dead for pissing off the wrong person. Either way, he was fighting someone.

"Hm. I think I'm going to resume my training."

Forming a single handseal, he would again launch a blob of water from his mouth and strike another dummy. He wanted to speed up the results of his training, but at the same time, wanted to conserve any chakra. He was paranoid about this Kaguya..

"Young Genin, I suggest you spread out your knowledge of combat skills as much as possible. I know of a man who specialized in Taijutsu..came across a problem his fists couldn't solve, then BAM. Dead. Bet if he knew weapons he could have solved his predicament~ Meh. I'm available anytime if you want to take the sensible route and learn all the weapons in the world~"

WC: 449

Intermediate 1

Jager

Jager
Kumo Genin
Kumo Genin

Jager heard about the Kaguya clan, they were definitely fearsome with their dances. So that was the clan that Roku was a part of? That was a pretty scary thought in a sense. “ ….” Jager was quiet for a moment as he listened intently to his sensei and the tips that this man was giving him. He was surprised that he received a bow in return; Jager would sometimes picture his elders as very grumpy individuals. However, Roku and Itome didn’t seem to be like that, which made Jager reevaluate his opinion about how adults usually are.

“So one of the problems was my stance? I see…” Jager would say as he started to adjust his stance prior to his sensei’s teaching. He stayed low and took a deep breath, realizing that he felt somewhat more comfortable by keeping his stance low. Jager felt that he had a bit more control over his strength now, wondering if this is result of having the littlest of instructions going the longest way. It was after that adjustment that Jager began to attempt to throw a proper punch, much to his sensei’s instruction. “Ok, here I go!” Jager would say as he attempted to throw a punch in the way that Roku advised. It was a good few tries, but they weren’t perfect. “Hmm, I’ll try again then!” Jager would say, making sure that he didn’t discourage himself on being unable to get it right on the first try. Practicing Taijutsu always made him remember his ninja way; Jager was to stay determined no matter what. However, there was a bit of discouraging news when the other Jonin started to explain how Taijutsu was useless when it came to weapons. Maybe there was a bit of truth to that, but jager still enjoyed Taijutsu a lot.

“Mr Itome, I really do appreciate the advice that you have given me, it’s always good to be versatile in a number of skills. Words of wisdom from an older ninja is always something to take into account, but giving up on Taijutsu is the same as looking away from my Nindo.” Jager would say as he beats his chest twice. “Fierce determination above all else! I can’t allow myself to be discouraged in the middle of a path that I picked for myself. I admire your passion for weapons, but I have the same passion that you have for weapons than I have for my fists. And I appreciate my sensei taking time out of his day to help me train. “ Jager would say with a confident smile as he goes back into his stance , finally being able to the punch in the proper way that Roku directed him to. “I finally did it!”

N3 -> I1 = 250 +I1 -> I2b = 300 WC: 550 -25%=413
Taijutsu I2b

Roku

Roku
Akatsuki Member
Akatsuki Member

Roku listened to the Jounin speak. He listened with such intent that he almost forgot his purpose of being where he was. His entire demeanor was strange. There was something off about him. He was stupid. And yet... yet, he wasn't. Roku noticed the way the man's demeanor shifted. He noticed how quickly some of his sentences proceeded others. That's the same way Roku acted when he was trying to manipulate someone. He would suggest an idea, then suggest that it may not be such a good idea in a way that would keep the idea in the other person's mind as a valid option.

Roku didn't bother covering his interest up. He almost wanted to see if there was a shift in demeanor if the man caught onto Roku's attention. Roku spoke now. He spoke quietly, slowly, as if he was in some sort of state... hypnotized. He spoke to his new Genin charge. "That's it. Now practice making contact with something. The punch feels different when there's resistance..." Roku's voice trailed off. What WAS it? What was different? And why did he care if the person was an idiot?

It was when Roku turned his attention from the Jounin when he noticed it. What he percieved as "off" wasn't "off". It was exactly what Roku was doing. It was studying. Almost immediately, Roku turned his attention once more to the Genin, just remembering a point he needed to emphasize. "And don't forget balance! It's good to lean into your punch, but it's bad to lead yourself off-balance! Don't punch so hard that you have to put your weight into it. On the battlefield it's all about reaction. It's rare for one punch to end a fight, which means you have to be on the balls of your feet to be ready to evade your opponent's counterattack because you'd best believe it's coming!"

Roku now turned his attention to the Jounin, this time making it completely obvious. "Do you find something interesting about me? I'm flattered, but of course I have to ask, is it my striking beauty or my loving personality that you find so interesting, Mr... ah, oh my, where are my manners, I don't even know your name and yet I'm so frivolous over this bit of attention you're giving me." He had no idea where this statement had come from. It wasn't true, obviously, but he couldn't discern his own purpose to it. Was it meant as his OWN way to manipulate this guy? Did he want to try to stimulate a reaction? Or did he just decide to tell a joke?

Roku thought inwardly to himself. He knew for a definite fact that "buying his way" to Jounin had no basis. Roku knew the Raikage personally, so unless that was somehow hidden from him when he chose the elites of his village, it didn't happen. That in itself was enough reason to take interest in this guy. That wasn't a joke. It may have come off as one to some, but it wasn't a joke. That didn't mean it was true though. Roku was thoroughly confused. What WAS it? Was he infiltrating on behalf of another village? Was this some disguise? was there some way to figure it out? Whatever it was, it seemed bigger than some guy being weird. But the young Jounin was unsure of whether it was dangerous. All he really knew was that he should probably figure this out.

This guy may be just as complex as Roku was. He realized it wasn't the simple fact that he seemed sly, it was the REASON for it that Roku needed to figure out in order to maintain his ever-loving sanity. And Roku scrutinized this man to figure it out. His posture seemed just as dumb as he was acting. His voice matched. His facial expression matched. But a man this ignorant wouldn't be studying Roku. He wouldn't be smart enough to realize he should. It was a big difficult, even, for Roku to focus on the matter at hand - training Jager.

2Hertz

Kumo Jonin
Kumo Jonin

Mentally, Itome frowned. This kid was just way too pure to corrupt. Having Genjutsu would really help right now..maybe he shouldn't have been slacking off so hard. One day, he would swoop in and take this Jounin's kid right under his nose. But, for now..he would be watching from a distance.

"Ha, alright kiddo! If you ever change your mind, you can usually find me hanging around the Uchiha compound! Since I bought my way to Jounin, I'm not really that good at combat.. I have to work as a janitor. But, weapons, YAY!"

When Roku mentioned balls, he couldn't help but snicker. To keep up the field of stupidity and avoid any suspicion, he figured that he ould have to make some type of comment that would make most ninja facepalm.

But, before he could do all of that, the Jounin began speaking to him. It would be fun to see how much he could test the patience of this man before he snapped under the pressure in front of his Genin. That would surely get him a punishment, or even a demotion, and Itome would be free to take this boy all to himself.

"O-Oh...my name? It's Nhobodi Khares... I think you're a very sexy man..shall I get on my knees now?"

Yes, Itome decided to play along, but was smart enough to not fall in the very obvious bait that came up in those questions. After all, he was an elite Jounin. Itome decided that soon, he would be done causing distress to the inhabitants of Kumogakure. This training field was simply getting too crowded, so he would probably go to one of the more emptier ones.

"Ah..would you look at the time! My favorite porno is on..I think I'm going to have to see you guys, my bestest of friends, tomorrow! Stay safe, always use a condom while you have sex!"

If he wasn't interrupted, he would be leaving the training grounds, always making sure to keep an eye on the Kaguya in case any nasty surprise attacks happened. Miraculously, he didn't bump into anything while doing this.

WC: 361

Intermediate Level 3

E X I T

Jager

Jager
Kumo Genin
Kumo Genin

Jager was pretty far from the conversation, due to the fact that he was walking over to a stone wall to practice his punches. As usual, adults were talking, this meant that Jager had to leave the area and let them speak amongst themselves. It was nothing that Jager needed to know; he had to focus completely on his training for the time being. “Ok! Just like how Roku sensei taught me, keeping myself crouched and maintaining balance.” Jager would say as he started to throw a few punches to the wall. “It’s about time that I start increasing the pace a little. “Jager would say as he motioned his hips even faster to punch the wall even faster. Jager was lost in his thoughts as he continued to hit the stone boulder, the boulder itself was making a bit of shaking movements now. Jager gave the stone wall one last punch, being able to at least put a crack in the stone wall and leave his knuckle imprint on it, but Jager managed to hurt his hand pretty badly. “ Ow!” Jager found himself shouting out as he massaged his right hand.

It would be pretty embarrassing if he punched that boulder too hard and managed to hurt himself. Even though Jager promised that he wouldn’t be a baby about the training. “Maybe I should of started with punching a tree first. Jager would mumble to himself as he motioned over to where his sensei was, apparently indicating that he hurt his hand. “I think that was a bit much, but I managed to break that stone boulder a little bit at least.

I2 -> I3 = 350 WC
jager's Taijutsu is I3

OOC: You can train your medical this way

Roku

Roku
Akatsuki Member
Akatsuki Member

Roku listened intently to the other man's departing words. He picked up on the Uchiha compound part. "Ah, now I finally get to know who you are, Mr. Uchiha. I thought you had radiant eyes, now I know why." Roku watched the man depart, continuing to debate inside his mind. There was definitely something up. Why would he in any other case act like that? Roku knew of the Uchiha, he had dealt with them many times. They were almost always serious and solemn. Only the children were "playful" like this man, and only some of them. No way could the Uchiha birth a child like this, it just didn't... fit.

As the Uchiha walked away, Roku kept him in detection though he turned his attention to young Jager. He was a bit confused when he saw the young Genin take a stance directly in front of a boulder. He watched for a moment untile he saw the boy draw his hand back to punch the boulder. "I said-" Roku cut himself off mid-sentence as he was too late. He was going to finish with "to use a dummy." But he watched as Jager punched at the boulder a few times before finally turning to Roku, indicating an injured hand.

Roku laughed. "Haha come here, I'll heal you." Before waiting for the Taijutsu-aspiring warrior to approach him, Roku instead walked up to him and grabbed at his hand, not gently, but not in a manner that would harm it. Unless of course, the kid pulled away or didn't allow it for some reason. The Jounin activated his Healing Technique. The technique wouldn't heal major injuries, but it would serve the purpose it needed for Roku at this moment. He felt his chakra pull together in the middle of his chest cavity. The chakra felt different than usual. Warming. Happy. Complete... Healing. Yes, healing. And it felt quite pleasant.

The chakra then divided in two, following each of his arms to the palm of his hand. There, the chakra radiated in a different than normal color. It began radiating in green and formed an orb of green energy and light where his hands made contact with the Genin's. It was a basic healing technique as Roku wasn't as powerful in this aspect of the Shinobi arts as he was in Ninjutsu and Taijutsu, but it would serve his purpose. The wound was only bruising of the flesh and a bit of soreness, probably caused by the jarring impact of the fist to the boulder.

Roku looked the Genin in the eyes and smiled. It was fake at first, though as thoughts flooded his mind at the young boy's determination, it gained a bit of genuinity. "I think that's enough of punching boulders for the day, how about you practice on me?" Roku took another look at the Genin's hand and gestured that it was healed. He then took a few steps back, readying himself in an exemplary combat stance. In the heat of combat, a stance changes. You never return to your base stance as you must always be moving to avoid danger. And to put your opponent in danger.

A stance was more a style of carrying oneself in combat. Rather than making a rigid form, a stance moreso consisted of certain traits and characteristics that made it useful. So, though one's stance is important, it is never a photo copy of itself. Your stance looks different when you punch and when you jump, and when you sidestep. You will always be on the move and performing different actions with your body, so a stance shouldn't be taken as one concrete way to stand, as the name suggested. As these thoughts came to mind, Roku wondered why he was coaching himself... he knew these things already. Perhaps he was reassuring himself, or preparing for what he would tell Jager. He had never had a student before and wasn't certain how to relay instruction. However, he did his best, as he spoke to Jager. He told him the things he was thinking about one's stance and how to think of it instead of a rigid concrete way to stand.

"Remember, a stance is fluid. You move with the needs of combat." He finished with that line. Yeah. He was totally getting a hang of this sensei gag.

Jager

Jager
Kumo Genin
Kumo Genin

Jager was a bit surprised at first, he didn’t know that his sensei new medical ninjutsu. This was a shocking first; maybe Jager should pay attention to other jutsu as well if he wanted to be well rounded enough. Jager started to swing his hand around after it was healed wondering if his hand was truly healed. When Jager made a fist and did a punching motion, he had a bright smile when he realized that he could use his hands once more. “Thanks Roku sensei” Jager would say with a genuine appreciation towards the man for healing his hands. “I really thought you meant the stone rock, so I immediately went over there to give the thing a few punches. I mean, I think I’m bit strong.” Jager would say as he fixed his vest. Jager suddenly got ery excited when Roku offered a few hands on lessons. “Alright sensei, here I come then. Jager would say as he got into his own unique combat stance. This was a first that Jager managed to get himself hands on training from someone other than his mom. Sometimes Jager thought that he didn’t know his own strength and would hurt his mom if he ht two hard, even though she completely outclassed him.

However, jager wouldn’t have to worry about that this time. He was going one on one with his own Jonin sensei who happened to be a very successful ninja from the village. Anything that Jager would end up doing is nothing that his sensei wouldn’t be able to handle. “ja!” After sizing up his opponent, Jager would start things off with a karate chop hand swipe with right hand, followed by a low punch with his right, aiming for the stomach. Finally , Jager would aim for a right punch to the face, in that order.

Training with the seniors. [Jager/Roku/Hertz] Ryo-lungepunch1

I3 -> A1 = 400 WC: - 25% = 300
Taijutsu is now A1

Roku

Roku
Akatsuki Member
Akatsuki Member

And... action. Immediately, Roku set into his combat state of mind. THIS was something he knew how to do... fighting. He debated in his mind whether he should offer tips to his charge, wondering whether that or pure experience would be more helpful. After all, everyone's body was different and required different technique to use at its maximum potential. Yeah... that's what Roku would do. If he gave the kid anymore tips right now then it would probably be too many skills to work on at once anyway. Roku eyed the boy. He watched his movements like a hawk.

Roku watched the trajectory of the Genin's eyes. He watched the way he stepped. He was already improving drastically, Roku could see progress just today. And it was on. The Genin made his first move, and it was predictable. He'd have to be better than that. Taking a single step backward placed Roku out of range of this attack, though the kid was moving again for a punch to the gut. The Jounin dropped, almost prone to the ground, and in a motion greatly resembling a breakdancer, with his tremendous speed he went for a sweeping kick at the legs of Jager.

He knew this was an impractical move, but it was precisely that reason that it was what he decided to do. He wanted to keep Jager ready for anything. He may even throw in a Ninjutsu or two in later. Right now what was important was for the kid to be able to react. That was the key to Taijutsu, and it couldn't be taught. You can get as fancy as you like with stances and putting all of your muscle into a balanced punch, but if you can't react, you'll fail. Were this strike to make contact, though the Jounin doubted it would because he first had to drop to do it, and he had more faith in the kid's reflexes than that, he would knock the kid off his feet and have him doing cartwheels in the air because of his immense strength.

Jager

Jager
Kumo Genin
Kumo Genin

Jager was overwhelmed by the veteran moves of Roku, who was able to dodge most of his attacks in fact. When Roku did the leg sweep, Jager met his opponent foot with his left foot for a low kick, meeting the blow with an appropriate amount of strength to avoid being sent away. Even though jager didn’t have that much hands on training, he was in combat with his mom enough times to know to react at a particular. However, Roku was a master. It would be by the grace of god if he managed to do any significant damage. At the very least he was able to stop himself from receiving a lot of damage due to the fact that he was rather adept at taijutsu now. After that, Jager would step in with a palm thrust to the left side of Roku’s shoulder, along with stepping in for a thrust kick with his right leg.

Even though this seemed like a usual strategy of fighting, Jager’s aim was to connect with the thrust kick if he was able to. It would have been aimed and intended for a direct hit to the stomach at least, as well as have the jonin veteran grasp for air. This would give jager some time to regroup It was a good plan, and Jager wish he learned more practical taijutsu moves in the past, but this was the best he could do for now. His punches were moving at 10 m/s, a decent speed, but it wasn’t enough. However It was nothing to complain about, this was a learning process for Jager in general He was determined to study his sensei’s movements and take the practical things about it to mold his own techniques and style. Such was the purpose of having such a skilled sense, Jager was not about to let this chance to improve slip him by. At the very most, Jager had to remain motivated no matter what the outcome was. He didn’t want his sensei to hold back necessarily, there would be times where he would have to fight opponents that were completely stronger than he was. Regardless of whatever bruises that might come of it, Jageer felt that there was something to gain by continuing this lesson.

A1 -> A2 = 500 WC: -25% = 375
Jager has A2 taijutsu

OOC; I looked at the rules and figured i could take a few blows since i'm adept now, using the movement speed as a basic for how fast my punches are. I'm still outclassed but its pretty fun to know the system this way.

Roku

Roku
Akatsuki Member
Akatsuki Member

Ah... yes... the boy was definitely skilled. Roku was definitely lucky to have such a skilled apprentice in his charge. It would be easy to teach this kid. All Roku really had to do was demonstrate. If he demonstrated, the kid's intensity and determination would do the rest of the work. Roku could tell just by Jager's attitude that he was the type who practiced at home. There were far too many Genin in Kumogakure's illegitimate Shinobi system that only trained with their squadmates on days assigned by their Jounin mentor, and there were far too many Jounin who thought they were powerful enough and did not feel the need to train. No, this kid was different. And because of that, he would almost certainly surpass most of Kumogakure's greats. He had a chance at achieving Roku's skill, passing it even.

Roku smiled when he felt the pain. He didn't smile at the pain... no, he smiled at the level of skill this kid had. And it wasn't deep pain, more so the type of pain one gets after kicking a stair, because that's essentially what happened to the young Jounin. His foot had collided with a solid object of equal strength that happened to be his new young charge's foot. Marvelous... that such a kid could come from the illegitimate teachings of Kumogakure's Shinobi Academy. The only times a good lesson was taught there were when the Raikage himself had come to visit, and Roku remembered those times clearly. The only words of wisdom he had ever clung to were that of the Raikage. His words were "The will to keep pushing forward. That is what every Shinobi must posses." This kid... he had that will.

But to be sure... he needed to be tested. Roku's right foot planted itself firmly on the ground, and, still in his prone form that he assumed when attempting the sweeping kick, Roku swung his left arm backward as if he was back-hand slapping someone behind him and to his left. This was to make contact with the Genin's palm thrust to his left shoulder while Roku simultaneously raised his left leg, balancing on his right hand and foot only, thrusting to the Genin's stomach at precisely the same timing that the Genin made an attempt to kick at Roku's shoulder. Because of his superior speed, Roku's foot moved faster and should make contact with the Genin's gut first, though because of his highly unpleasurable position, Roku would not deal much damage, and it merely served as an attacking deterrant. If, for some reason Roku did not make contact, Jager would, though Roku's following action would be the same in either scenario unless the Genin did something else.

Roku's leg's were closer to the Genin than his head was. So, if Roku were in push up position, the Genin would be where his feet were. And with Roku having been balanced on his right hand and foot, he would roll backward once and back up to his feet. Were the Genin to make contact with Roku instead, he hoped the backward motion would diffuse some of the contact, though it would only propel him backward faster, and in either case he would roll to his feet. However, if Jager's foot made contact, then because of his body's position, it would not be with the back of his shoulder but with the upper bicep of his arm was, where a pretty nasty bruise could be left, but nothing major as that was a fairly boney part of his arm, and his bones were nearly indestructible.

Were he to make it to his feet, Roku would talk. "You're definitely more skilled than other Genin in Taijutsu. Most would not have the speed, instinct, nor reflexes to be able to do much about my kick, and even if they did, they would lack the strength. You however... well done."

Jager

Jager
Kumo Genin
Kumo Genin

“He’s strong!” That was the thought that was going on in Jager’s head when his palm thrust was blocked by Roku’s arm, an attack that swept Jager’s arm away . He then had to handle the fact that Roku threw a kick at the same speed that Jager did, even though Roku was significantly faster that Jager in that sense. The kick connected, along with Jager not expecting the kick in the first place. However, jager was resilient. Jager managed to tighten his stomach in time, something that didn’t require a lot of body movement in the first place. His abs weren’t fantastic, but Jager figured that he was able to tighten his stomach enough in order to avoid too much damage. “Geh!” Jager was pushed back about two meters, his sandals were making marks on the grassy terrain but he didn’t allow himself to topple over. This was definitely the result of Jager’s training, being able to take a master level taijutsu blow like that without suffering any serious injuries of yet. It didn’t mean that Jager should seriously take into account of being a rag doll though, it just meant that he was able to take a lot more punishment than usual. But still, this was the skill of a master at work.

He was able to assess the situation and make quick adjustments to his position in order to have the advantage, this was sensei Roku. After that kick, Jager’s sense started to give him praise about handling the kick, but Jager didn’t feel like he did anything special in that sense. “All I did was flex my stomach muscles as soon as your kick connected. If my body wasn’t rightfully trained, that kick could of ruptured my insides I think. I guess I’m just lucky that I take my training a bit seriously. But I do appreciate the praise, thank you very much! “ Judal would say as he made a sharp bow to his sensei. It was merely a simple trick, but it felt nice to be acknowledged for all of his hard work. For now, Jager felt that if he learned some practical moves from Taijutsu, he would be as good as he can possibly be. “Well, I think that I should learn some specific taijutsu moves and I’m good in that category. However, there are a few things I haven’t touched yet. Like Ninjutsu, at the most, I can tell you that I have access to earth chakra, but im not that experienced when it comes to the handsigns.

A2 -> A3 = 550 WC: 25% = 413
Jager has A3 taijutsu and thats enough tai for him

Roku

Roku
Akatsuki Member
Akatsuki Member

[This is going to be a very short and brief exit. Something came up and I won't be able to get on much the next few days so I don't want to hold you up in the topic, hopefully we'll be able to do something again together soon. A mission or two sounds nice...]

Roku nodded at Jager. He listened to his words thoughtfully before answering back at him. "Well, I think that's enough instruction for the day. If you want to train more, I'd recommend sticking to Taijutsu today and starting Ninjutsu tomorrow or some other day. I've got a mission I have to report to, so I'll see you in the near future." With that, the Jounin turned around and jogged back to a more centralized location in the village to the Raikage's mansion to receive his briefing.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum